Tyrel Ja'Juan Lee
- Age: 19 Years Old
- Date of Birth: Oct 15, 1998
- School: Westbury High School
- Grade: 12th
- GPA: 2.7
- SAT/ACT SCORE: 860
Awards or Honors:
- Westbury President Club
- eMotion Dance Company
- Blue Diamond Dance Company
- SUMBC Praise Team
- Westbury Track and Cross Country Team
- I am the Chief Of Staff of Westbury Presidents Club. I take charge in every activity or event we hold. I organize all events and mentor freshman's and sophomores that will take my place when I graduate.
Community Volunteer Outreach Programs
- I volunteer with my church by feeding the homeless and Christmas caroling to homeless shelters and poor neighborhoods
- I volunteer with Presidents Club by mentoring to freshman and sophomores
Colleges to which you have applied:
What have you gained, personally, from participating in your department's program?
I learned how to understand more than to be understood. I became a better listener and a better friend since i joined Presidents club. It taught be how to be caring to others and grateful for the things I do have, and not complain about the things I do not have.
Why do you feel you should be awards this scholarship?:
I should win the scholarship because i am smart, educated, and i am interested in bettering my life through my education. I've overcome many different obstacles in my life that helped me grow and be the man i am today. Only that I hope to win. I feel everyone here deserves to win for the reason being they want to go to school and expand their minds and better themselves.
I have many short term and long term goals. I truly desire to make my mom and dad proud as I am the first to attend college in my family. My goal is to focus and take the necessary steps 1 year at a time until I complete this college journey and then obtain a position with a reputable hospital where I can display my knowledge and talents to aid in helping others. I also have a goal to be able to go to 3rd world countries to render aid to people in need. After I am stable and my career is set in motion I plan to be a husband and a father while praying I can be just half the father that I was blessed with.
Posted by: JIT Foundation Staff
Just In Time Non-Profit Foundation | (713) 553-1754